As part of the company’s ambitions to expand its mobile offering, an experienced mobile developer is required, in order to develop Android and iOS apps, using native languages, as well as ideally React-Native.
The ideal candidate has either had major involvement in professional mobile applications, or has published private projects to Apple and Play stores before. We expect passion and a keen interest to constantly learn and evolve in your area!
In this role, you have the potential to become the go-to guy or gal, i.e. the subject matter expert, for your area. Familiarity with the software development lifecycle, including Agile practices, and excellent team work are assumed.
- Intermediate experience writing mobile apps for Android and/or iOS
- Experience using Kotlin or Swift respectively
- Driven to deliver excellent solutions and maintainable code
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Git and working collaboratively in a team
- Good experience writing native code on both platforms
- Experience interacting with Bluetooth and other hardware devices
- Experience with Data visualisation (e.g. maps, graphs, lists etc.)
- Efficient usage of APIs (REST and GraphQL)
- Advanced mobile UX principles and polished UIs
- Continuous Integration and Deployment tools (e.g. Gitlab CI, Jenkins etc.)
- Awareness of IoT and Big Data concepts
- Web Development with React
- Knowledge of the Insurance sector, in particular car insurance.
- Experience with mobile hardware, e.g. Bluetooth, Accelerometer etc
The role is centered around mobile app development, as an integral part of our Applications team.
However, the team is very much full-stack and its responsibilities also include web and backend development (Node.js, AWS Lambdas / Serverless framework etc.). Depending on your skills and desire to learn you can get involved in a wide array of technologies within our platform, if you’re interested.
In this role, you will:
- Expand functionalities and capabilities of our existing Mobile code base.
- Develop new functionality and apps on Android and iOS devices, using Kotlin and Swift respectively (and possibly React-Native, if you can).
- Help optimise and streamline our deployment pipelines, using CI / CD best practices.
- Write new mobile applications for various B2B and B2C purposes.
- Ensure our Mobile development remains reliable, maintainable and of high quality.
- Assist in designing modern user interfaces and experiences, following good industry practices.
- Perform QA on other developers’ code, help review and collaborate to improve submissions.